The Town of Lorraine, the middle of the three southernmost towns of Jefferson County, is about six miles square. Oswego County forms its southern border. On the west is Ellisburgh, north are Adams and Rodman, west is Worth, which was part of Lorraine until 1848. Settlement began in Lorraine while it was still part of the town of Mexico, Oneida County. On March 24, 1804, the legislature created several towns, of which Malta was one, but since Saratoga County already had a Town of Malta, the name soon changed to the present Lorraine. Lorraine was noted for its many gorges, and the elevation as well as the cheaper land prices brought many settlers within its borders.
Town Supervisor ~ Vince Moore email@example.com
Town Clerk ~ Debra LaRock
Town Historian ~ Arlene Moore
Fire Chief ~ Mark Shelmidine
Tax Assessor ~ Pete Rogers
Town Judge ~ Eric Sheldon
Health Officer ~ Tom Boxberger
David Johnson- Buildings Chair
Lee Berry-Drug & Alcohol Compliance Chair
Jospeh Wasilewski - Grants Chair
Lynn Burnham - Playground Chair
Copyright 2009 Town of Lorraine. All rights reserved.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, and familial status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs). To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director Office of Civil Rights 1400 Independence Ave S.W. Washington DC 20250-9410